Applications for new passports can be made 06 months in advance of the expiry of the current passport.
New passports can also be obtained when there are no more pages for visa endorsements.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: (All original documents should be submitted with two photocopies)
- Duly completed application forms should be forwarded to the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- Form K (passport application form).
- 4 colour photographs [3.5 x 4.5 cm] taken within 3 months.
- Current Travel Document and 2 sets of photo copies of ID data and alteration pages.
- Original Birth Certificate (Translations are not considered as originals).
- Sri Lankan National Identity Card.
- Residence Card or documents relating to the present visa status of the applicant, if the visa is not stamped on the passport.
- Original Marriage Certificate (If the marriage has been registered outside Sri Lanka such Marriage Certificate should be countersigned by the diplomatic representation of the country where the marriage was registered).
- An original Citizenship Certificate/Dual Citizenship Certificate for Sri Lankan citizen by registration.
- Academic/Professional Certificate or letter of appointment if the job description is required. If there is a change in the profession or new profession to be included in the passport, original professional certificate or similar proof which has to be certified by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo or the diplomatic representation of the country where such document was issued.
- Relevant passport fee.